Full-Stack Production Engineer
This job offer is expired
Facebook's mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we're building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we're creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities - we're just getting started.
Facebook was built to help people connect and share, and over the last decade our tools have played a critical part in changing how people around the world communicate with one another. With over 1.7 billion people using the service and more than fifty offices around the globe, a career at Facebook offers countless ways to make an impact in a fast growing organization.
In Dublin we're focussed on building the most advanced data centres in the world. We're looking for Engineers to help us build the tools that we will use to plan, build, and visualise everything about how our data centres work.
Our team is comprised of varying levels of experience and backgrounds, from new grads to industry veterans. Relevant industry experience is important, but ultimately less so than your demonstrated abilities and attitude. We sail into uncharted waters every day at Facebook in Production Engineering, and we are always learning. This position is full-time and located in our Dublin, International Headquarters office.
- Define and implement software that Facebook uses to build and manage its infrastructure and datacentres
- Architect efficient and reusable back-end as well as front-end systems depending on the problem you are solving for
- Stay hands-on and keep your thirst for writing code quenched every day
- You are a builder and you keep software running, share on-call rotation with your team and respond to service incidents
- 3+ years of programming experience
- 3+ years of experience with relational databases and SQL
- Experience with React is a bonus
- Sound knowledge of HTML/CSS, including concepts like layout, specificity, cross browser compatibility, and accessibility
- Sound knowledge of browser APIs and optimizing front end performance
- B.S. or M.S. Computer Science or related field
- Experience with PHP and C++
- Ability to pick up new software, frameworks and APIs quickly
- Understanding of monitoring, systems provisioning, networking all a bonus
- A burning desire to "Move Fast and Be Bold"