← Back to all jobs
Software Engineer (Full Stack)
This job offer is expired
School of Motion is looking for a Software Engineer to help us build the best platform for motion design training in the world.As a Software Engineer at School of Motion you’ll be responsible for continuing to grow and scale our learning platform as we introduce more courses and content to more students, all over the world.You should:
- Have 3+ years of software engineering experience
- Be comfortable with both front-end and back-end coding
- Be proficient in the following technologies
- Have experience with NoSQL databases
- Be comfortable writing unit test (we use Jest)
- Be willing to learn new technologies
- Be familiar with Agile software development
- Take pride in your problem-solving abilities
- Be able to take a loose set of requirements and turn them into detailed development tasks
- Enjoy building apps that are both functional and aesthetically pleasing
- Design, build and maintain our Learning Management System (LMS) and public-facing website, including our blog
- Develop responsive solutions that provide a good user experience across a range of screens and devices
- Work with our customer support team to help triage and resolve user-reported issues
- Do some light DevOps tasks such as:
- Docker containerization
- CI pipeline configuration
- Test Automation
- Collaborate with our Marketing and Sales teams to help promote our brand and content
- Work with course designers and producers to ensure high quality content delivery
- Spend a lot of time on Slack finding the right gif for every situation
- Our tech stack is comprised of MongoDB, Express, React and Node.js
- We use Jest for unit testing
- We have a bunch of third party integrations (Paypal, Stripe, HubSpot, etc.)
- We also use:
- CircleCI for continuous integration
- Heroku for deployment/hosting
- MongoDB Atlas for DB hosting
- Cloudflare for our web infrastructure and security
- Amazon S3 for file storage
- JIRA for task management
- Confluence for our internal wiki
The Fine PrintAbout School of MotionAt School of Motion we’re trying to reinvent the way students learn online by combining the best parts of a traditional brick-and-mortar school with technology that allows our students to receive the elite Motion Design training from anywhere in the world. Our mission is to break down the barriers to learning, mastering, and working in Motion Design. We currently have ten comprehensive courses, over 5,000 Alumni, dozens of Teaching Assistants, and a small team of full-time staff working diligently to keep everything running! And this is only the beginning...Our Core Values:Our core values embody our team dynamic and our voice. We are rebellious, helpful, effective, playful, and curious. If you would like to work with us, you should be all of these things too:
- We don’t like to do things just because they’ve always been done that way. Be skeptical of the status quo and constantly improve.
- There is no such thing as “not my job”. Help out in any way you can, and don’t hesitate to reach out for help.
- We do things fast and smart. We automate if it makes sense. We skip the meeting if it's not immediately beneficial to the mission.
- We don’t take ourselves too seriously, it’s only Animation.
- Have interests, pursue them ruthlessly. Share your weirdness.
- We cover 100% of your health insurance and a portion for your spouse and children
- We have an extremely flexible time off policy. Work wherever you want with an internet connection.
- Access to a 401K plan after one year of employment
- Profit based bonus program
- Saying that we have a very casual work environment is an understatement, just be you.
More remote react jobs