This job offer is expired
At Spidergap, we’re starting to expand our development team.
This is a rare opportunity to join a very small, profitable and growing company that’s achieving great things while supporting a healthy work-life balance.
Our mission is to make it easy for companies of all sizes to support the personal development of their employees. We do this by providing the tools and services that help the employees to prioritize, plan and take action on their development.
We’re now the top-rated tool in the 360° Feedback market, used in 134+ countries by thousands of organizations (inc. 3M, Autodesk, Britvic, DDB, Fitness First, Médecins Sans Frontières, and Pandora) to nurture and develop their employees.
We're looking for talented developers to help us make those companies even more successful. You’ll be helping us to deliver even better user-experiences, frequently requested features (like supporting multiple languages), and cutting-edge personal development tools.
If you’re a talented software developer who would love to quickly grow your skills by working with the co-founders of a small SaaS business, and in doing so help real customers to achieve their goals, then read on...
At Spidergap, we're fueled by the passion and exceptional talent of a successful start-up. We're hungry to amaze our customers and grow the business. But we're also focused on the quality-of-life of our team, and as a profitable company (without outside investment!) we're able to support a very healthy work-life balance.
We're looking for like-minded people. People who are passionate about what they do. People who deliver outstanding solutions, and who can do so with a keen understanding of what customers need and the business impact. People who believe in more than work, and are excited by the opportunity to balance work with their families and other hobbies.
Though we've had 5 years of in-house development, you'll be one of the first to help us grow our development team. You'll work closely with the co-founders, developing features from design through to release.
A large part of the work will be developing back-end services with NodeJS and web interfaces with React. You’ll also be exposed to previous technologies we’ve used such as PHP/Yii and Angular. We use agile processes and continuous integration tools to efficiently take features from concept to roll-out, and to continuously optimize our processes.
Your attention to detail will help us to amaze our customers, and to grow our services and codebase in a robust and maintainable way.
- Collaborate to deliver solutions from design to release
- Work directly with the co-founders, proactively contributing to designs with feedback and ideas for improvement
- Write reliable, modular, well-tested and "clean" code
- Support other team members through peer review
- Help to optimize our development processes and build tools
- Ensure progress, issues and ideas are communicated clearly to the right people
- Help us to deliver outstanding customer support.
What we're looking for:
- Passionate and driven - about software development, and about life outside work
- Happy to work remotely
- Based in a timezone that overlaps the working hours of team members in Sweden and India for at least a few hours each day — unfortunately, we won’t be able to hire in North or South America on this occasion, sorry!
- Excellent attention to detail
- Loves 'going the extra mile' to deliver outstanding work
- Believes in and practices self-improvement / personal development
- Keen and able to learn
- Loves technology and figuring out how things work and helping others to do the same
- Communicates clearly, in a friendly way
- Experience with automated testing, ES6, NodeJS, React, Git, automated build tools, PHP, Angular
- Experienced in using a Mac for software development
- Experience of working with people in HR / L&D / Talent development
- Work remotely. As long as your internet connection is excellent and you’re able to collaborate when needed, you’re free to work from any location you wish
- Flexible working. You’ll need some set hours in which to collaborate with the team, but we’ll do our best to be flexible so you can support your family and hobbies!
- Annual meet-up - somewhere fun
- 40 days paid vacation inclusive of public holidays
- 4 months paid maternity/paternity leave
- Gym membership contribution
- Bring your own device contribution
- Profit-share bonus
- Pension contribution