Senior Frontend Developer
This job offer is expired
YouGov works with the world's leading brands and organizations to understand what people think.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Developer to support the Data Science and Architecture Team (DSAT). As a core team within the global innovations department, DSAT cooperates closely with senior stakeholders to deliver new data product offerings and insights.
We have created a number of applications that help to access, monitor and analyze our data. We would like you to join us on the journey of democratizing access to the data and analyzes, by applying intelligent and beautiful design.
What will I be doing day to day?
- Maintaining, expanding and improving both internal dashboards and external-facing applications
- Largely focused on front-end, with apps written in React and Angular
- Creating beautiful experiences for users of our apps
- Ensuring code follows best practices (testing, predictable state management, code quality, type safety)
- Building new prototype and production ready user interfaces in React
- Providing advice and support to other members of the Data Science team and being the leader of front-end development and user experience in the team
What do I need to bring with me?
- Experience in both Angular and React ecosystem (including Redux, Material UI, Jest, Webpack)
- Experience handling transforming issues and requests from stakeholders into requirements and specifications
- Experience with authentication and authorisation - OAuth, JWTs, sessions
- Some experience with the rest of the stack would be helpful (we have APIs written in Flask, use PostgreSQL as a database, Redis for caching
- DevOps experience is helpful but not a must (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cross-browser experience
- Test driven development
Some additional information . . .
This is a full time role, based in our Mumbai Office. Offset working hours will be required to align with the UK and Europe